Thursday, September 7, 2017

Getting this shot looked easy boy was I wrong. After a hour of finding my composition of where the Moon would rise and patiently waiting. I soon realized I was off and had to move and recompose in a minute. The compass on my phone was off by a few degrees, so what's a degree or 2 became miles in my line of sight on the horizon. After some running and jumping the out come was great.

I had set my Sony A7r facing east with the Moon rise in the right third of my screen to avoid a tree. After I noticed the Moon starting to rise it was in the left third of my screen. I repositioned further to my left to clear the tree and move the Moon to the left third. 

Camera: Sony A7r
Lens: Canon 100-300mm f/4 EX IF HSM with a Neewer EF-E mount adapter and a Kenco 2x teleconverter

Settings: iso 3600 exposure 3 seconds f4

No comments:

Post a Comment

October 2019 Time lapse trip