Saturday, September 2, 2017

Gear Talk

Commlite Auto-Focus Mount Adapter EF-NEX for Canon EF to Sony NEX
I have been using this adapter for a month now and all I can say "Its worth the price".
Even though the auto focus is a little slow, the advantage is it can electronically control aperture on fully automatic lenses. I am a Canon convert and have a ton of EF mount lenses that I can now use on my Sony mirror-less cameras. In the past I could only adapt a few lenses to my Canon EF mount systems and with the adapters available for the Canons they had and extra piece of glass   I have used the Commlite on my Sony A7R, A6000, A5000 and NEX-5n and the only lens  that I have that fails to auto focus is my Sigma 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3 DC MACRO OS HSM. For the cost its a great alternative to buying more glass. There is mutable adapters for the Sony E mount system, Minolta, Pentax, Nikon, and even Leica lenses. If you are on a E mount system check into the Pentax K mount and the Minolta MD mount adapters. These mount lenses can be picked up for little money on Ebay and KEH. If you are into expanding your lens collection this is the way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

October 2019 Time lapse trip