Thursday, August 24, 2017

Eclipse 2017 post write up



The 7 year journey has ended for me and another one begins. This was an awesome experience to witness the greatest show on the planet.

We arrived at our location around 10am with no one around. The location had a nice open parking area which we sat up in. After a couple hours testing shots and angles, I finally decided on a composition.

Around 1:00 pm I started shooting to capture the start of the eclipse or what is known as C1 or first contact. I had set an interval of 10 minutes to capture the phases up to the end of C2. I removed the filter from my lens at the start of the maximum phase and shot continuously till the start of C4. The 1 minute and 44 seconds of totality was a life changing thing. After the start of C4 I switched back to a interval of 10 mins.

Now the quest for the 2024 eclipse starts. This was the first for me and now I have a solid game plan it's time to make it happen.

Equipment used.

No comments:

Post a Comment

October 2019 Time lapse trip